- Under UK piercing laws, there are age restrictions when it comes to piercings. For most piercings the age of consent is 16. Anyone under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian present to sign the consent form. They must be present IN PERSON – a phone call will not be accepted.
- The age of consent for nipple piercings is 18 and genital piercings (below the belt) for all genders is 21. Even if a parent or guardian is present, it is illegal for these piercings to be performed as it can be classified as indecent assault.
- Scarification and Transdermal Implants are not suitable for clients with certain medical conditions such as clotting disorders or autoimmune conditions.
- Scarification and Transdermal Implants are only available to clients over the age of 18.
Deposit, No-Show, Cancellation, and Late Arrival Information:
- The booking deposit is non-refundable. It can be transferred to a new appointment time as long as 24 hours notice has been given. If the appointment needs to be changed within the 24 hour period prior to the piercing, it is no longer transferrable and a new deposit will have to be made for a new booking. All cancellations made with no intent to rebook will not have the deposit refunded.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late Vesper will not be able to pierce you as he will not have enough time to perform your piercing as well as sterilise the studio after your appointment. Should you miss your appointment due to arriving late, a new deposit will have to be made in order to book a new appointment time. Vesper tries to allot enough time so every client receives the personal attention and the best experience that they deserve.
There is a map to help you find the studio attached to the confirmation email you will receive after placing your booking. A visual guide on how to find the studio can be found here: https://ookyspooky.uk/contact-us/
- Deposits for genital piercings, scarification, branding, and transdermal implants are NON-REFUNDABLE. This is because the deposit covers either jewellery/silicone transdermal implant(s) or Vesper’s design fee. He will happily transfer a deposit to another date should you need to rebook as long as he is notified 24 hours in advance.
- All initial piercings must be performed using jewellery provided by OokySpooky. Unfortunately I can’t use jewellery for initial piercings that is not purchased through my studio. The suppliers I use are certified by various industry boards and organisations and are required to meet certain metal quality standards and industry requirements that ensure the health and safety of clients. All suppliers that I use have both XRF and mill certificates available that can prove the origin of the metal as well as the exact composition. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- There is a minimum fee of £5 for all jewellery changes, troubleshooting consultations, etc. to cover basic material and PPE (personal protective equipment) costs. This will be deducted from the price of any piece of jewellery purchased excluding basics.
- In the case where a client wishes to provide their own jewellery for a jewellery change, a waiver must be signed acknowledging that they have provided the jewellery and Vesper is not responsible for any complications that may arise from the implantation of jewellery that has not been purchased from the studio.
- Should your piercing need to be removed due to a medical procedure it can be re-pierced for the small fee of £15. This is to cover basic material costs.
- The re-piercing price is only valid for those who have needed to remove jewellery for a medically necessary reason. Proof is required.
- Microdermal Implants are not covered by the piercing guarantee as these are body modifications, not piercings.
Jewellery Returns and Exchanges:
- Under no circumstance can jewellery be returned or exchanged due to hygienic reasons unless a product is faulty due to manufacturing error.
- Jewellery covered by manufacturer’s guarantees is subject to replacement policies set by each individual manufacturer. In order to redeem the guarantee, the defective piece must be brought to the studio so that it may be returned to the manufacturer per company (not studio) policies. Without the piece being brought to the studio, the guarantee cannot be honoured.